A super easy one pot Mediterranean pasta which has all of the veggies you need in it with the optional addition of bacon bits for added salty taste!
You’ll need to:
- Pre heat the oven to 200c fan and chop one sweet potato (1) into chunks and season with Italian herbs, pepper and fry lite / 1 cal olive oil spray, bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry 2 chopped shallots, 2 slices of bacon (with visible fat cut off), 2 cloves of crushed garlic and fry for a few minutes.
- Chop up your veg; aubergine (1), mushrooms (10), peppers (1), cherry tomatoes (8) and pop these in the pan to fry, adding more olive oil if necessary (whatever you have in the fridge). Fry until somewhat browned.
- Boil approx 1 pint of water in the kettle, add this to the pan with a vegetable stock cube, add pasta of choice, I used about 3 handfuls of farfalle (now this depends on handsize). Add 400g of chopped tomatoes + 1 can of water. Let this simmer for 12 minutes.
- Don’t forget about the sweet potato, add this once the pasta is cooked and the liquid has mostly evaporated. Finally add a small bag of spinach leaves, these should wilt fairly quickly then stir and serve or store!
Ingredients: any vegetables, spinach sweet potato, fry lite, bacon, shallots, garlic, pasta, stock cube, chopped tomatoes, seasoning. **the brackets means quantity!**
There you have it a super sweet but savoury slimming wintery Italian / Mediterranean stew full of super nutritious and speedy foods! Enjoy! 🙂