One of things that is so important with healthy eating is eating fresh and planning a head! So if you ever find yourself stuck this is a recipe where you most likely have the ingredients already in your kitchen or growing on your window sill!
More often than not, I am on the go with work so I wanted to come up with / research some lunch or snack ideas that aren’t too messy to eat on the go that are free in syns.
The original recipe is here; however I adapted it to what I had available and it turned out even better than expected!
Just in case you are interested each fritter is approximately 96 calories, 12.6g carbs, 1.3g fat and 9g protein
For 6 servings, you will need potatoes; 1 white potato and 1 large sweet potato, fry lite, 1 tin of tuna in spring water, half a tin of sweetcorn kernels, handful of chopped spinach, handful of chopped coriander, handful of chopped chives and 1 whisked egg.
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
Total: 40 minutes.
- Peel and boil the potatoes for 15 minutes, then leave to cool – or pop in a bowl of cold water if in a rush. Once cooled these will need to be grated.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl, add the chopped herbs/spinach, drained tuna and the half tin of sweetcorn. Stir and season.
- Add the cooled grated potatoes and mix. This is where it can get messy; it is easier to use your hands to knead the ingredients together and make small pancake sized balls with the mixture.
- Spray your baking tray with fry lite and pop each ball of mixture side by side (see picture).
- Spray each fritter with fry lite and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool for a few minutes then transfer in an air tight container & refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Voila and there you have it… Tuna and Sweetcorn with herbs fritters! Enjoy!
Feel free to check out my instagram for more recipe inspo!