Blondies are the cousin of brownies and are the gooiest, fudgiest dessert treat! These are guaranteed crowd pleaser, whether you are bringing goodies into the office on your birthday, having a tea party at home or just want to bake something scrumptious for all the family! They are also a 1 bowl, 1 tray bake.
I make mine with white chocolate and raspberries, the white chocolate adds to the sweetness and the sourness of the raspberries compliments the flavour.
You will need…
to make a generous serving of 16:
- 340 grams melted unsalted butter
- 500 grams brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salted caramel flavouring (optional) substitute 1 tsp of vanilla if using.
- 2 large eggs
- 410 grams plain flour
- 200 grams white chocolate
- 100 grams frozen raspberries
- Firstly pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and with extra butter grease a baking tin or tray.
- Cream together the melted butter and brown sugar in a bowl until smooth.
- Whisk in the eggs and 2 tsp vanilla extract ( 1 tsp salted caramel flavouring & 1 tsp vanilla extract).
- Fold in the plain flour.
- Break the white chocolate up: if using a bar, hit with a heavy bottomed pan (or a hammer??) to break up into chunks. Add and stir in the chocolate and raspberries.
- Tip the mixture into your baking tray – doesn’t matter if it looks like below as it will spread in the oven.
7. Pop in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool for 20 minutes before serving.
8. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 days – if they last that long!
Finally cut into small pieces, serve and enjoy!